Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Country Music Day

Giant guitar pick on Lower Broadway

David, Jackson, & Sue Freer from Australia
My new friends I'm showing around this week
Here in front of Opry House

The new look of Opry Stage (no barn background)
The Virginia Boys singing here

We spend the morning mostly on the Studio B Tour which was much better than I expected! The young girl leading it was great and I learned a lot. Lunch at Jack's BBQ and a walk around "The District" before a tour of the Country Music Hall of Fame. Then we drive to Opry Mills for a bite of dinner (tea for them) and on to the Grand Ole Opry which started out pretty weak but ended with a tribute to George Jones by one of his song writers. It was great! 

Tomorrow they do their own thing, probably General Jackson Showboat and downtown Honky-Tonkin' and dinner. I'll be serving as the photographer at a wedding with Elvis in the Rhinestone Chapel on Music Row.  :-) 

Thursday I take them to Parthenon, Bicentennial Mall Park, Farmers' Market, Antique Archaeology and maybe Puckett's Grocery for lunch. Then for dinner we will enjoy Irish food and music at McNamara's Pub in Donelson. 

They leave for Memphis Friday morning. I'll miss them! They are fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment