Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lego and Monuments Movies

The Lego Movie got the best reviews and it was good, but to me not great. It was another kid movie with lots of adult lines to keep the parents engaged. The violence wasn't terrible or realistic, but why do we have to have violence in movies? Especially kid movies?

In some ways I liked The Monuments Men better, though a little slow in places and as critics said, the script could have been strengthened in several places and more historical information given about the great arts stolen by Hitler. It is a new and different addition to what seems like a thousand WWII movies. Nice but not great.

And so that's my reviews! Next up is The Son of God coming February 28. And when you thought enough movies had already been made about Jesus! I think I've seen them all and I look forward to this one. The trailer makes it look very good and I love to see how other people present Jesus - it usually broadens my understanding of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment