Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Motown to Budapest - My Weekend Adventures!

I went with a group from McKendree to hear "The Midtown Men" sing 1960's hits with the Nashville Symphony Orchestra Thursday night - a real blast from the past! These are the same four singers who did the Broadway Musical "Jersey Boys" which I saw a few years ago in Chicago. They are really good!

Then Friday night I decided at the last minute to brave Friday night crowds at Opry Mills Mall and see a new movie with great reviews, The Grand Budapest Hotel. It is a really fun movie to watch and so artistically done as is usual for Wes Anderson - maybe his best yet! A visual feast, a lot of humor, but also a lot of serious stuff. Most of all just fun to watch in my opinion. Note that I'm aware some people hate his movies. And I was glad this theater wasn't crowded like the four theaters showing Captain America. A fun Friday night for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment