Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Louis DeMoss Stone Dedication

Today Kevin and I attended the dedication of a new large marble slab memorial on the grave of Abraham Louis DeMoss. It was the results of a long effort by Sanford Payton whom I helped collect information about the cemetery I have been calling "Providence Church Cemetery" and he is now calling "DeMoss Cemetery," since Louis DeMoss the founder of Bellevue is buried there plus a few other DeMosses along with other family names. He may be more correct than me since it appears that the Providence Church was located a mile or more away from this cemetery. The service was well done.

The local chapter of Sons of the Revolution, SAR,
participated in costume with flags & musket salute
Louis fought in the Revolutionary War in the same Wilkes County NC regiment as 
my 5 Great Grandfather, Francis Hardgrave

No comments:

Post a Comment