Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Two More State Parks

A family on a rock overlooking Center Hill Lake & Dam at Edgar Evins State Park
I've actually been to Edgar Evins State Park more than once before but could not find any photos. When Jason was in Middle School he had a friend whose father also worked for the Sunday School Board and the four of us camped and fished Center Hill Lake at Edgar Evins State Park. And I did an art show near the lake one year of my art show days (2004-2008).

Going to Ft. Loudoun State Historic Park as the rain starts.
Fort Loudoun State Historic Park is where revolutionary war period re-enactments take place which was not happening today but rather a pouring rain by the time I got there. I got photos of two signs and the Sequoya Birthplace Museum across the road. I started driving into the park in the rain (hoping to see a fort) and a scary-looking man was wobbling down the middle of the road in the rain (drunk?), so I made a quick u-turn and got out of there! This park is on Tellico Lake and near the millionaires' Tellico Village of mansions (weekend cabins?). Millionaires, drunks, and heavy rain scared me away from this park and I moved on down I-75 to Cleveland, TN where I will be closer to the three parks I plan to visit tomorrow which will finish my journey to all of Tennessee's state parks. I'm determined to finish the book before going to Costa Rica.

Had a great BBQ dinner with peach cobbler and now a quiet evening in my Hampton Inn room with plenty to read as well as this online time! Did another post on my Moving to Costa Rica Blog tonight too, reacting to Chris Howard's newsletter on Tortuguero, one of my favorite places.

No comments:

Post a Comment