Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 29, 2013

Seat 9

Since the opening of the Schermerhorn Symphony Center in Nashville in 2006, I have had seat 9 in the East Balcony, so long that I see it as my established place! And now that establishment is in danger. I've had Classical Series B in that seat and now because of low attendance, they are combining Series A & B for Thursday nights into one Thursday night series of 7 concerts. I renewed early and hope to keep "my" seat! 

Last night at the Nashville Symphony I enjoyed another unusual concert that started with Revel's left-handed piano concerto. Just twenty minutes but magnificent! Then a 70-minute wordless German opera by Wagner, Lord of the Ring before Tolkien's book which was partly based on Wagner's mythology opera. It was wonderfully and powerfully done as the non-sung, condensation of a 19-hour long opera usually done on four nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment