Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Boyhood

Tuesday I saw Boyhood the movie at Belcourt Theatre, our Nashville Indie Films theater and it is one of the best I have ever seen! It touches your heart strings or something deep inside as well as being one of the most unique of films. The producer filmed the same boy and the same stage family every year for twelve years to get the most realistic growing up movie yet. The boy goes from 6 to 18 as well as his sister, parents, step-parents, grandparents, etc. all realistically aging and changing their lives too.
Filming the same actor for 12 years, Ages 6 to 18


Because it goes through so many stages of life it did somewhat remind me of my growing up, though more like Jason's, yet even a later generation than his. If you cry in movies, bring your Kleenex! It is so real and touching.

I'm sorry it is rated R for the language and a little teen sex and drug use. I would have put PG13 on it. Maybe that is why it is in art theaters instead of the main stream ones. But I predict it will make the big ones soon and is bound to have many academy award nominations and make lots of money. One of the best movies of the year so far to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment