Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 17, 2013

Sickness & The Great Gatsby

A week ago yesterday I got my weekly allergy shot and an hour later I started a bad cough that would not stop, taking me back to the allergy office several times since then. They are not sure, but the high mold in the community with several days of rain and then more in the shot may have started it. But it grew into stopped up sinuses, a sinus infection, and bronchitis. I'm on an antibiotic, a steroid, my regular allergy meds plus a once-a-day inhaler. Still not well.

I was the volunteer coordinator for the week-long Festival of Homiletics at church and worked all day Monday which made me sicker and I have been home and in and out of the docs office ever since. I'm staying home at least through Sunday when I will miss church and the grand opening of the new Music City Center where I was to help represent the Zoo. That's the way it goes. But if I feel better Monday, I will continue my plans to visit several TN State Parks next week since I have reservations.

In preparation to see the latest version of The Great Gatsby movie in theaters now, I have seen the Netflix 1974 version which was really good and tonight watched a Junior-High to College one-hour book guide on the novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It was really helpful to understand the imagery and historical significance of the story about America in the 1920's. Understanding makes everything more interesting and fun! I still have the 2000 version of the movie coming and then I will go see the new one in a theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment