Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 29, 2013

I finally yielded to GPS

Kissed by a Bactrian Camel at "The Wilds" of Ohio

Yes, I finally broke down and bought a Garmin GPS for my Ohio zoo trip and actually enjoyed it! It told me to turn the wrong way on a one-way street in Cincinnati and on my rural travels in eastern Ohio it returned me from The Wilds a different and longer route. But those were the only two "bads" I was aware of. I have generally not trusted them in the past, but got tired of printing out Google Maps which is the same thing as GPS and more trouble. So I'm now a lazy traveler who just goes where the nice lady in the box tells me to go. I guess it is part of slowing down in my elder years.

And oh yes, I tried it out locally first and it is funny how she pronounces the names of some of the streets - obviously a computer talking rather than a thinking person. But I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment