Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 9, 2013

A Turkish Friend Tonight

I ride a BikeShare bike over to the reflection pool in front of the capitol before sunset to see if I can get a good image of the Capitol. A college student from Istanbul, Turkey was doing the same thing. We spoke and he asked if I would take his picture in front of the capitol with his smart phone, which I did. Then I asked him to take my picture which is below. Then we talked at length. He is a mechanical engineering student who came to the states on a summer work program. He finished his job as a dishwasher at some conference center in upstate New York I think and he is sightseeing for a couple of weeks before going back to school in Istanbul. His name is something like Ahnish, but I did not ask how to spell it. I gave him my card and asked him to email me. Visiting with him was the highlight of the evening! Sorry I did not get his photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment