Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 9, 2013

Capitol Tour +

I was one of 5,000 people herded around National Capitol today, though note that there are 17,000 per day in the peak month of May. It is a beautiful old building with too much security to easily enjoy, but glad I did it! That is my only guided tour for the week. I then saw the gorgeous Library of Congress and had lunch at the Eastern Market. It is a dining/shopping magnet for the young and hip, like our 12 South or East Nashville Five Points. I ate Cuban food today.

One of the many tour groups in the Capitol Rotunda

There was more excitement outside the capitol!
Demonstrators both for and against going after Assad



Reading Room, Library of Congress

I was "people-watching" through the window of
the Banana Cafe for lunch, but also intrigued by
this window across the street


No comments:

Post a Comment