Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Two Days of Reports

Yesterday was spent mostly at the National Gallery of Art which is two large buildings and wonderful! But I will not post a photo from there. I then went across the street and saw the Newseum and my favorite photo is this shot from their 6th floor deck looking down Pennsylvania at the capitol with the next door Canadian Embassy showing.
One of my favorite views of the capitol.

Today I met a new friend at the National Zoo, Pat is a docent who was on the Cuba trip with me. I got a tour and then she took me to lunch at a great little bistro nearby in or near the Adams Morgan neighborhood. I waited to see the Panda, but it was too hot for him to come out. This is a hot and humid city! Then I spent nearly an hour in the bird buildings and exhibits. I thought I had seen all of the hornbills, but found a new one today called the Wrinkled Hornbill. So that is the photo I chose to share:



No comments:

Post a Comment