Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 27, 2013

Exploring on My Own Today

Spent the morning photographing in Casco Viejo, the Old Town, and this was my favorite photo. From now on it is just one photo per day, so I will have to choose! This Kuna (formerly San Blas Indians) woman was selling her molas in market near the French Plaza. I didn't buy anything today because we are scheduled to go to a special Kuna Market this next week. But I did buy a Panama Hat because the sun was so hot and I had left my cap in the room.

 Our group will go to the old town tomorrow but for a shorter time and there were a lot of buildings and views I did not want to miss. After some yummy French ice cream (mango-passion fruit) I took a cab to Punta Culebra, the local nature center. It was not worth two cab fares, but was my nature fix for the day. Got some butterflies, birds, iguanas and a sloth that was only a fuzzy ball high in a tree. The aquarium was okay for younger children who come here a lot on school field trips. Time for a meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment