Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Write!

After starting three blogs and having goals of books with more words than photos, I decided I needed to get some help writing. I joined a senior adult writer's guild that meets monthly here at McKendree Village, but they don't even critique each others writings. The only help provided is the mutual motivation to write. So I studied the writing courses offered in "The Great Courses" online and CD/DVD. I chose to start with "Building Great Sentences" and the first two lectures have been good with the short writing assignment after each lecture already proving to be the most helpful part to me.

We live in a world of words! Though now maybe more digital than on paper, they are words, sentences, paragraphs and propositions to be expressed just the same. Thus I'm hoping to improve my writing. More later on this I'm sure!

And as a bonus motivation, in The Book Thief movie yesterday, the Jewish young man in hiding gives the little girl who loves to read a book of blank pages. On the first page he wrote one word: "Write"   And soon she started writing, becoming a famous writer by adulthood. I don't have such ambitions, but would like to express myself better and maybe this course will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment